Keep up Triathlon BASE is a 12-week training program designed for you to start triathlon training again after a period of rest and recover.
Keep up Triathlon BASE is perfect for you who,
- Start triathlon training or your “next” triathlon season.
- Want to get a solid endurance base.
- Appreciate a more structured training regime.
The individualized 12-week training program includes three “microcycles”. That is, the program is periodized with a progression in workload and recovery weeks.
With a focus on your aerobic capacity and the well thought-through structure, you will see progress through “test weeks” along the way.
During the onboarding, you will help us to understand “who you are”. Based on your input, we then customize your training program.
You choose how much you want to train on an average per week. Your training hours are split between swim, bike and run.
Your training program includes,
- A weekly scheduled individualized training program that will be sent to you every Sunday.
- Tests that lay the ground for your training. (All training sessions are based on your training zones, which are defined using the initial test.)
- Sessions are described in detail and have a clear purpose.
The training program is developed by coaches who have many years of experience in both coaching and racing – for triathletes by triathletes.
Ideally, you start with Keep up Triathlon BASE +36 weeks prior to your main race. As a next step, Keep Up Triathlon BUILD is recommended, followed by a more dedicated race training via Race Up Triathlon.
To make it easier for you to build your training and racing season, we have structured our training programs into four categories. Find out what is best for you here.
During the onboarding, you will choose how much you want to train on an average per week.
We provide individualized training programs ranging from 6 hours per week, up to 14 hours per week on average.
When you define your training volume, our recommendation is,
- Sprint distance, 6-10 hours
- Olympic distance, 8-12 hours
- Ironman 70.3 distance, 8-14 hours
- Ironman distance, 10-14 hours
Triathlon requires some gear. Here is a shortlist of things you will need to be able to follow the program.
- Must have: Heart rate monitor for zone training (like a Garmin watch or equivalent)
- Must have: Swimsuit, goggles and swim cap
- Nice to have: Wetsuit, paddles, pull buoy and fins
- Must have: Bicycle and helmet
- Nice to have: So many other things!
- Must have: Running shoes