Keep Up Swimrun BUILD is an individual training program for you who have a solid foundation of endurance training. We recommend that you have at least 12 weeks of base training focused on building your stamina before signing up for this training plan.
Keep Up Swimrun BUILD is the next step in your endurance training. In this swimrun training program, you will start building your muscular endurance, force, and speed for the upcoming race season.
The training program is perfect for you who,
- Have previous experience in structured training, and completed a basic preseason workout routine.
- Want to escalate your swimrun skills and build your muscular endurance and speed.
Keep Up Swimrun BUILD is a 12-week individual swimrun training program with the emphasis on building your muscular endurance. It is designed by coaches that have many years of experience in both coaching and competing in swimrun, and the stand-alone disciplines.
Included in Keep Up Swimrun BUILD is,
- A weekly scheduled individualized training program that will be sent to you every Sunday.
- Tests that lay the ground for your training. (All training sessions are based on your training zones, which are defined using the initial tests.)
- Sessions are described in detail and have a clear purpose.
- Swimrun specific workouts.
It is a swimrun training program designed for you who have completed our Keep Up Swimrun BASE or have a solid background in endurance training. We recommend that you have at least 12 weeks of base training focused on building your stamina before signing up for Keep Up Swimrun BUILD.
Preferably, you start this training program 24 weeks (or more) before your main race. The next step, after you have finished Keep Up swimrun BUILD, is Race Up Swimrun.
During the onboarding, you will choose how much you want to train on an average per week.
We provide individualized training programs ranging from 6 hours per week, up to 12 hours per week on average.
When you define your training volume, our recommendation is,
- Experience 6 – 8 hours
- Sprint 6 – 10 hours
- Full distance 8 – 12 hours
Swimrun requires some gear. Here is a shortlist of things you will need to be able to follow the program.
- Must have: Heart rate monitor (like a Garmin watch or equivalent) for running
- Must have: Swimsuit, goggles, swim cap, paddles, and pull buoy
- Nice to have: Wetsuit and fins
- Must have: Running shoes