Keep Up swimrun BASE is an individual training program for you who is starting training for a swimrun again after a period of rest and recovery or are new to the sport. Keep Up swimrun BASE is the first step in your swimrun training plan. In this program, you will start building your base as an endurance athlete, and at the same time working on technique.
The training program is perfect for you who,
- Start swimrun training or your “next” swimrun season.
- Want to get a solid endurance base.
- Appreciate a more structured training regime.
Keep Up swimrun BASE is a 12-week individual training program with the emphasis on building your endurance and baseline fitness. It is designed by coaches that have many years of experience in both coaching and competing in swimrun, and the stand-alone disciplines.
Included in Keep Up swimrun BASE is:
- A weekly scheduled individualized training program that will be sent to you every Sunday.
- Tests that lay the ground for your training. (All training sessions are based on your training zones, which are defined using the initial test.)
- Sessions are described in detail and have a clear purpose.
- Swimrun specific training.
It is a swimrun training program designed ideally starting 36 weeks prior to your main race. It will be followed by Keep up swimrun BUILD, and Race Up Swimrun. But, if you do not have a race and want to start training, this swimrun training plan will be ideal for you as well.
During the onboarding, you will choose how much you want to train on an average per week.
We provide individualized training programs ranging from 6 hours per week, up to 12 hours per week on average.
When you define your training volume, our recommendation is,
- Experience 6 – 8 hours
- Sprint 6 – 10 hours
- Full distance 8 – 12 hours
Swimrun requires some gear. Here is a shortlist of things you will need to be able to follow the program.
- Must have: Heart rate monitor (like a Garmin watch or equivalent) for running
- Must have: Swimsuit, goggles, swim cap, paddles, and pull buoy
- Nice to have: Wetsuit and fins
- Must have: Running shoes